Trained by Salvador Minuchin, MD, Linda Gottlieb is a family therapist who founded Turning Points for Families (TPFF), an intervention in which she has successfully reunited severely alienated children with their unjustifiably rejected parent.
Walter Camos is a private practice therapist in Lafayette. He worked for the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals for many years and, in addition to his general practice, helps court-involved families in the Acadiana area with reconciliation and reunification therapy.
Reunification Therapy With Alienated Children
with Linda Gottlieb, LMFT, MS, LPC. LCSW-R and Walter Camos, MS, LPC
Check-in and Breakfast
After the workshop, participants will be able to
• List two reasons why traditional forms of reunification therapy are
contraindicated in severe cases of alienation.
• Identify stipulations, with their rationale, required in the court order
for acceptance of a family into TPFF.
• Summarize treatment protocol in the 4-day, TPFF intervention
• Provide a practical intervention to bring parent and child together after rejection.
• Rehearse the current research supporting TPFF
• Motivate the next 2nd and 3rd generation of therapists to undertake the TPFF intervention with each bringing his or her own individuality and experience to the intervention.
• Define parental alienation as a severe form of child
Seating is limited;
register online and pre-pay at www.betteroptionsinc.org
Cost: $ 50.00 (includes 4 CEU)
Continental breakfast & lunch included.
All payments final: no refunds given.
The Petroleum Club’s
111 Heymann Blvd.
Lafayette, LA 70503
To eliminate harm to Acadiana's children due to parental conflict.